Christmas is getting closer – the British Chiropractic Association has some advice to keep you in tip top condition.
Time for the decorations
It’s a wrap
- Try not to overstretch – use a step ladder to hang up your garlands or to put the angel on top of the tree.
- Get someone to help you with the heavy, awkward items – like the Christmas tree – rather than straining on your own.
- Vary your activities; try not to do the same thing for more than 20 minutes without a break.
- Tempting as it is to spread all the presents and paper on the floor, avoid risking back strain by working at a table or work top. Straighten up regularly, stretch gently to loosen off your back and take regular breaks.
Watch your step!
- At this time of year, icy roads and slippery pavements can be lethal to the unprepared. Wrap up warm, and make sure you wear sensible, sturdy shoes with a good tread and lots of grip.
- It is handy to have a pair of boots in the car in case you get caught out and have to walk from your car.
- If it is really snowy and icy it might be better to avoid going out unless you have to – particularly if you are a little unsteady on your feet. However, that’s no excuse for inactivity – a short walk around the house or garden, or a few times up and down the stairs will loosen up the muscles and get the circulation going.
Exe Chiropractic Clinic is located in central Exeter. Chiropractic is a safe, non-invasive treatment approach to musculoskeletal problems (lower back pain, neck pain, headaches). To book a consultation with a chiropractor call us on 01392 690200 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you soon!